Little Is Much Ministries of Maine was founded on a three part mission:
- Coming alongside our Ethiopian brothers and sisters in Christ with practical and financial assistance for the work already being done in Ethiopia.
- Evangelizing the lost through direct evangelism, friendship evangelism, and the showing of Christ’s love through service.
- Sharing the beauty, history, and culture of Ethiopia with others.
We accomplish this through small-group, short-term mission trips.
- We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, atonement through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His coming return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that salvation is a free gift received from God when we put our trust in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe it is the responsibility of all Christians to care for the orphans, the widows, the poor, the downhearted, the prisoners, and our brothers and sisters who labor in Christ. James 1:27; Psalm 82:3; Isaiah 1:17; Proverbs 14:21; Proverbs 19:17; Hebrews 6:10; 2 Corinthians 9:8,12; Matthew 25:35-36, 40.
- CONCERNING DENOMINATIONS: We believe that most evangelical churches are divided over just a few issues. We believe that the teaching of those differences is the responsibility of the local church. Little Is Much Ministries of Maine does not teach doctrines which are not common to most evangelical churches. Our hope is to bring Christians of many denominations together for a common ministry purpose: acting as the body of Christ that we are.